Applications are now closed
Technical Due Diligence Week
Commercial Due Diligence Week
What is the Milton Keynes Accelerator?
The Milton Keynes (MK) Accelerator is a brand-new programme sponsored by Milton Keynes Council and powered by Connected Places Catapult, designed to support SMEs with innovative solutions which can improve connectivity and boost urban sustainability in the city.
About the Programme
The accelerator will be selecting 10 SMEs at TRL 6+ to join a 6-month programme, where they will have the opportunity to work with a consortium of strategic partners which includes Amey, Centre:MK and Socius Development.
Industry partners will play an active role in challenge setting, SME selection, product validation and provide access to testing facilities and internal expertise. One of the main programme aims is to maximise commercial engagement, so selected SMEs will actively explore trial opportunities in testbed facilities owned and operated by the council. As a highway/landowning authority, the council would also consider the use of MK assets within boundaries, this opens the potential use of open spaces, highways, car parks, etc.
Connected Places Catapult will be delivering the programme in partnership with True Altitude, who will support the SMEs through a bespoke programme roadmap tailored to their business needs, this will include but is not limited to: investment readiness, business modelling, customer profiling and enterprise selling.
Challenge 1 - Connecting Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes is a world-leading, smart, digital city that promotes innovation, sustainability and provides seamless digital connections. What technologies will enable us to further leverage data to increase the connectivity of our transportation and infrastructure.
Challenge 3 - Connected Community
Milton Keynes is recognised
internationally as a centre of learning and innovation at the heart of high performing universities in the Cambridge - Milton Keynes - Oxford Arc. How can we continue to attract and develop talent alongside bringing our communities together to drive more sustainable and prosperous future for all.
Challenge 2 - Decarbonising Milton Keynes
A carbon neutral Milton Keynes by 2030 is an ambitious commitment that the council has taken. What disruptive digital technologies and platforms will enable Milton Keynes to achieve Net Zero by influencing sustainable mobility choices alongside improving the environment
What's on offer to SMEs
Coaching and Mentoring
Including pitch coaching, business support and VC support
Demonstration Day to investors, industry and potential customers
Tailored investment readiness programme, with support from investment coaches
5 months tailored business support
including CR&D and grant opportunities
Technical support and sprints and access to technical experts
Business development opportunities and introduction to potential customers
- Bespoke business support to 10 disruptive SMEs
- Accelerate investment readiness and develop investment strategies
- Focus on facilitating discussions that lead to commercial contracts
- Support collaborative R&D - where appropriate/applicable
- Agile sprints and technical focused sessions to develop technologies and meet challenge requirements
- Support the implementation of potential trials with programme partners
- Support development of FTEs
Am I eligible for this programme?
- You must be an SME.
- You must have or look to register a UK company address.
- You must be interested to trial and work in the Milton Keynes area.
- Preferably an innovative digital or data solution at TRL 6 - 8.
- You must be able to address the challenge statements with your technology.
- You must be willing to travel to Milton Keynes once a month.